From:
Albert W Needham <"[log in to unmask]"@concentric.net>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 17:03:45 -0800
I think that we should all keep in mind that we (Bee-Ler's) are an
International Group with some significant cultural and legal
differences.

Here in the U.S., we cannot plead "Ignorance Of The Law", it is simply
not an acceptable legal excuse. Within our Bee-L group we live under
different sets of laws and regulations.

Therefor, I think that it is incumbent upon each of us to consider this
difference, "prior to" making any sort of offers to send anything across
International Borders. What is okay in one place may be a serious legal
offense in some other place.

Considering the severe damage already being wreaked by T&V Mites, we
each need to be alert to the possibility of any new threats being
"innocently"
spread by our activities.

I am only a hobbyist beekeeper with a couple of hives. Their loss would
be significant to me. However, that loss would not threaten my economic
well being.

I can well understand the serious concerns expressed by those of you who
run big commercial operations. You have every right to be very alert to
anything that may threaten your very economic existence!

Your concerns are helping hobbyists like myself.

I appreciate the benefits of your serious concern!
--
Al Needham * Scituate,MA,USA * [log in to unmask]
     Download from: Http://www.kuai.se/~beeman/