Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 13:28:44 -0400
>It starts out like killing larva at the same stage or maybe even a little earlier than European foulbrood does. As the disease progresses, older larva begin dying and it more resembles a mixture of EFB and sacbrood. But unlike sacbrood or EFB, it is virulent. It lacks AFB's classic ropiness and smell.

Readers may recall I reported what looked like EFB here last fall about two weeks before I noticed that my hives were depopulating themselves.  EFB in fall is unheard of around here.   Randy asked if I saw any bright yellow larvae at the time.

In picking up deadouts, the largest cluster I have found is about three inches.  Most hives have no bees at all other than a few dead ones here and there.