From:
Dave from Scranton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave from Scranton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 23:45:27 -0500
On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Paul Cronshaw, D.C. wrote:

> I drove over to my apairy and lo and behold the swarm had settled in a tree
> 10 feet from her balcony. She was amazed how easy it was to bring the bees
> to this point. Prior to settling in the final spot, she had walked to the
> opposite end of the balacony, hitting the pan and the bees followed.
>
> Is this a wives tale??  Has anyone had other experiences with setting up
> vibrations in the air from hitting pans??

        The bees need to hear the queen, if they don't they will drop and
wait untli they hear her come flying around again. Then they'll get back
up and fly with her. Banging the pots will bring the swarm down and the
queen will generally stick with them.
        I've never used pots, I've used an old wheel rotor and a tire
iron, man did my arms hurt from the vibrations!

Dave D. Cawley            |     Where a social revolution is pending and,
The Internet Cafe         |     for whatever reason, is not accomplished,
 Web Development Group    |     reaction is the alternative.
Scranton, Pennsylvania    |
(717) 344-1969            |                     -Daniel De Leon
                    URL => http://www.scranton.com