From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2015 19:26:47 -0400
> You would have to have a known marked queen with records that long on the
hive.

Yeah, that not a very difficult requirement, is it?

> That in itself is unusual these days.

Not around these parts!  (But then, most everyone around these parts took my
free course and workshops.)

>  Most commercial guys don't.

Really? That's surprising.  You'd think they'd care about the quality of the
essential product they buy, queens.

> and hobbyist certainly don't

Poorly taught, poorly motivated hobbyists, perhaps.

> that only leaves the middle ground of quasi researchers.

Come on!  Do you not have at least a spiral notebook and a pencil?
Seriously?

How can anyone call themselves a beekeeper if they have no notes with which
to compare their present situation?
Sounds to me like they are doomed to repeat the same errors, over and over
each year.
No notes makes one a first-year beekeeper every year!
There are even apps for phones to track hive data (but I don't see consumer
electronics as being a good idea in the beeyard, I had too many Palm Pilots
die due to one mishap or another, and learned the hard way that paper rules.