From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2006 20:38:11 -0500
>Bob, I don't know about your place, but out here you can't get beekeepers
to stick together on anything .

Makes beekeepers easy prey for those wishing to get their way. The higher
ups in the California USDA say the beekeepers lack organization. The Almond
board made a similar statement.

I agree!

Until a "John Wayne" steps from the crowd which can not be bought off and is
not scared by the industry the others will cave in to
Paramount citrus.

"John Wayne" will need to make the beekeepers realize they need to stand and
fight injustice and he will need to show the beekeepers goals and ways to
reach those goals.

Unlike the movies today's battles are solved in the courts and with applied
pressure like I spoke of such as refusing to pollinate paramount almonds
until Paramount citrus sits down with beekeepers and works out a workable
solution for both Paramount & the orange honey producing beekeepers.

Dave Bradshaw has said to me he will lead the battle. California beekeepers
have said they will donate money or barrels of honey to the legal fund.

Maybe Dave Bradshaw is your "John Wayne".

 His  grandfather or great grandfather (not sure which ) went from immigrant
with a couple hives of bees to the largest honey packing operation of its
time period.

R.D. Bradshaw & Sons
Wendall, Idaho

I am very familiar with the Bradshaw Honey history.

I have on my desk a five pound unopened vacuum pack can of honey from 1939.

Bradshaws
Clover blossom honey
U.S. no.1 grade
Extra light amber

If California beekeepers choose to fight Paramount citrus and Dave Bradshaw
needs legal help I will donate the Bradshaws honey to be auctioned off at
the January American Beekeeping Federation meeting in Austin, Texas with all
proceeds to go to the
Dave Bradshaw's legal fund.

The can is in excellent antique condition and will only increase in value
through the years.

Some of the worlds largest honey packers attend those auctions and bid
thousands of dollars to fund beekeeper causes.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri