From:
Beenetuk1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 21:17:36 GMT
On Aug 29, 1998 05:43pm, INFORMED DISCUSSION OF BEEKEEPING ISSUES AND BEE
BIOLOGY wrote to ALL:
Hello Tom,

 IDOBIABB>    Many caution about placing wet combs out to be cleaned by the
 IDOBIABB>    bees because of robbing and disease spread.
 IDOBIABB>    What do you do instead? It seems to me storing combs wet is a
 IDOBIABB>    bad idea.

I store all my supers with wet combs every year with no adverse effects. My
supers are stacked in the garage in blocks of 10 with a whole newspaper between
each of them, top and bottom of the stack are air tight.
To guard against Wax moth I periodically remove any cocoons and larva by
inspecting each frame while in storage from August to March. Over 6 years I
have never lost a frame to Wax moth damage or had mouldy frames.
The above system works fine with four hives.

Regards Steve

STEVEN TURNER
G6LPF Beekeeper/gardener Sysop of ZBeeNet BBS.
http://www.beeman.dircon.co.uk/
Email: [log in to unmask]

.. Platinum Xpress & Wildcat!..... Nice!!!!