From:
"Mark D. Egloff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 09:04:04 EST
     Gentlepeople:
     I seem to be full of more questions than I am able to give
     answers--please forgive.  When I have another several years of
     beekeeping under my belt and have settled into a way of doing
     business, I will start contributing some of my own "sage" advice,
     until then....

     The latest thread of my thoughts has been toward liability insurance
     for my beekeeping.  There have been several posts recently that
     implied that some "horror stories" of dealing with homeowners
     insurance providers that have been timely.  I was on the verge of
     calling my own homeowners provider to see if I needed some form of
     liability rider for my bees.

     I think now it would be safer for me to approach you all with a
     request for the phone numbers of either Canadian or US insurance
     carriers who could provide insurance for a hobbyist. Or, perhaps,
     there is a beekeepers association that has a group policy that I could
     tie into?

     Yours buzzin'
     Mark Egloff

     PS.  I  saw our first dandelion in Dayton Ohio yesterday.  The
     temperature was 37 degrees and it was snowing, but it was there,
     bright as can bee.  Here we go.......