From:
John Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 15:42:19 PDT
hi everyone,

i just put an ad in a local newspaper which read:

"bees in your trees?
I'll remove them for free!
beekeeper john swarm removal ###-####"

Phone call number one:  "i was just about to buy some ortho chemicals
to kill my three hives.  i'm moving this weekend and if you want them,
come get them."  result - three hives, 10 supers total, plus bees - free!

phone call number two:  "i've got bees in the side of my house for 2 years
now.  if you can get them, they're yours."  i went over, and after removing
a piece of siding, cutting out the comb and boxing it all up, i now have
a nice strong hive that appears to be somewhat mite tolerant.

so, as they say, advertising pays!  and, i've still got a week to go on
the ad, so there may be more swarms to be had.

john
santa cruz, california