From:
Eunice Wonnacott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 1994 23:54:22 -0300
        Some years ago, an apiculturist from the Uiversity of Guelph,
Canada, spent some time in Africa, studying beekeeping practices, etcx.
He had wonderful colour and sound pictures of his experience there.
        When he spoke to the annual meeting of our beekeepers
association, the year of his return, he showed us some of this material.
My memory says that where he was, all you had to do was hang up a
beehive in a suitable location, and wait.  Swarming was so frequent that
you would soon have bees!
        Sorry, but I do not remember his name.

        From the Cradle of Confederation.