From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:40:52 -0400
Peter says:

There will be variation because of the race of bee.  Some are  much larger
than others and presumably hybrids would vary  according to the genetic mix.

At the species level, I would agree.  However, I've not seen  that
contention for races of bees in the US supported by our data.  I  spent most of one
year weighing bees for a court case as part of the  legal team representing
a beekeeper whose bees were poisoned by heavy  metals.  There were slight
differences in weight amongst races of US  bees, but factors such as how new
or old the brood combs are, nutritional  status, etc. tend to off-set any
racial differences when one starts  looking at how many bees are in a pound.

Africanized Honey Bees are reportedly slightly smaller than European  bees,
but I've not bothered to weigh them yet.