From:
Ted Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2013 20:43:07 -0500
From "The socio-economic, technological, and environmental value of Neonicotinoid seed treatment in the European Union:"

"Seed treatment is one of the most advanced and targeted forms of crop protection. The chemical ingredient is applied to the seed as a coating prior to planting. In the case of Neonicotinoid seed treatments, the insecticide is absorbed and distributed within the plant as it grows."

I've read the Borgias of Italy sometimes killed their enemies using poison. The poison was applied to one side of a knife blade which was used to divide a peach. Then the Borgia involved would eat his half of the peach with relish, while his unsuspecting guest ate the poisoned half. That is what I would call a "targeted" hit.

This report refers to Neonicotinoids as "...one of the most advanced and targeted forms of crop protection." Poisoning an entire crop and the soil besides is more analogues to a nuclear strike in my books. But it sounds safe to me. What could possibly go wrong?

Thinking the Borgias are beginning to look like humanitarians.

Ted