Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:28:50 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< The
 bees do seem to prefer dandelions and clover over the apple blossoms at
 times  >>

Bob,

In the UK I have never seen clover in flower at the same time as apples.. Do
you have different varieties to us or is it the climate?  Dandelions do
coincide with apples although dandelion wine-making time does vary from year
to year according to the weather between (in the south) the first and the
third week in April. Last year while on holiday in Austria just after
midsummer I found an alpine meadow flushed with dandelions at about 7,000
feet. Clovers were also flowering at that time and place.

Chris