From:
William Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2018 08:15:55 -0500
Bee-liners, just FYI on livestock blood processing:  There is a blood
processing facility about 30 miles away from where I live near the
intersection of I 95 and I 40.  I have toured the place several times.
They take in tanker loads of swine and cattle blood from slaughter houses
and dry it to a powder using reverse osmosis.  I have seen the plant
manager drink the resulting water as it is virtually pure.  The dried blood
is then sent to feed mills to be formulated into animal feed.  The plant
manager told me part of the rationale for was to avoid high BOD in waste
water containing blood and the difficulty of otherwise disposing of blood.
They view it as a resource.

 I do know that cattle have been fed chicken litter as a mixed ration, and
as far as appetites for things we find squeamish, you should watch my 9
month old rat terrier eat and roll in the most disgusting things she can
find while out exploring...

Its a 'wild kingdom' out there,

Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC