From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:35:34 -0800
--- Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I remember reading about some Africanized swarms
> being found around
> Mobile, Al  this year. You might
> worry a little sooner.

According to the state apiarists those swarms were
thought to be brought in by ship.  Continued trapping
in the area did not turn up any subsequent Africanized
swarms.  This does not mean that the AFB is not now
present in the area, just that the probabilities are
low.  There is constant monitoring going on.  One of
my buddies had a really hot hive and he sent samples
in to be tested for AFB.  As far as I know at this
time the results have not come back as to the variety
of bee the colony was.  Will let the list know when I
learn the results.  By the way, hello there Charlie.
How are you going to control your queen breeding to
preclude AFB influence?

Mike  Located 1/2 way between Montgomery and Mobile, Alabama

http://farechase.yahoo.com