From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 16:47:43 -0400
On Thu, 8 May 2008 22:29:14 -0700, Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Peter:
>I would be ashamed to work hives with frames stuck together and boxes stuck together, for it
shows to me bad frame spacing and also bad spacing between supers.

i would have thought the natural beekeepers would leave all that wax and propolis on the frames
and hive bodies because thats you know "natural".  Marla Spivak is in the midst of a study that is
looking at how important or not important propolis is to maintaining a healthy hive. my frames
and boxes are full of the stuff. Nature provided propolis to the bees for some good reason.

so let me ask the obvious question since everyone is dancing around it and acting like the genie is
still in the bottle - Dee can you comment on the Florida information posted here this week that
your bees tested positive as AHB's ?

Does this not throw a wrench in the small cell claims? As we all know AHB is resistant to mites so
the implication is that your success with no treatments has more to do with the genetics then
small cell.