From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:39:38 -0800
The erroneous statement that dioxin is in 2,4-D herbicide is an excellent
example of political spin.

In a recent edition of Natural News (
http://www.naturalnews.com/035487_GMO_corn_Agent_Orange.html), the headline
read:

"Stop the USDA from approving Agent Orange GMO corn by commenting in the
Federal Register"

The article referred to " this deadly new Dow AgroSciences "Frankencrop.…
Back in December, it was made known to Natural News in an exclusive tip
that Dow AgroSciences had quietly filed a petition with the USDA to
deregulate a novel variety of GM corn resistant to the chemical 2,4-D,
which represented half of the deadly Agent Orange herbicide formula used as
a weapon during the Vietnam War to carpet-bomb Southeast Asia."

Note the gratuitous use of scare words.  They included:

"Deadly" (the “deadly” part of Agent Orange was actually the other half of
the formulation, which contained the contaminant dioxin--NOT the 2,4-D);
"quietly" (as though Dow was trying to sneak something by), "exclusive tip"
(more cloak and dagger) carpet-bomb, and "Vietnam War" (to bring up painful
memories).

What was immediately humorous to me was that at the Natural News webpage
was supported by an ad for a common lawn care product that contains 2,4-D!

Please folks, do your homework before propagating myths!

>If you look at page 1107 of the December ABJ   Dr. Tim Ferrari wrote to
> "Letters to the Editor" when
> Randy Oliver tried to _rule out _Geomagnetic Flux as a possible cause of
> CCD in his October 2012 article.

Thanks Bob, for more of the above ("tried to rule out").

In actuality, Dr. Ferrari and I are on good terms and have been in long
communication, he asked me to review his manuscript prior to submission (I
made many helpful comments), I have been very supportive of his research,
and have made helpful suggestions as to future experiments to support his
hypothesis.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA