From:
Ken Hoare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:02:07 -0000
 > I came across information recently to the effect that certain types of
bees
> are more aggressive towards the varroa mites than others. This aggression
> varies directly with the housekeeping propensity of the bees.

Tom from Ireland, and any others interested in this subject should attempt
to get hold of Vol.79 No 3 and 4 1998 of Bee World published by IBRA which
contain articles on the 'Hygienic behaviour of honey bees and its
application for control of brood diseases and varroa'.

Ken Hoare from 'sunny' Shropshire