From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 13:55:17 -0600
Andy makes some good points.  Personally, I prefer to put all binary files
on a web page, ftp site, in a news groups, or even a bulletin board.  Then
let folks know where to find it.  I never attach a binary file to an
e-mail message, too many times it doesn't work, or fragments, or goes
wierd.  I prefer to let the end user choose whether she or he wants the
file.

Andy's suggestion that the receiver should get a better mail service isn't
always an option.  It isn't just a matter of cost.  I have the luxury of a
direct fiber connection.  Unfortunately the gateway (over which I have no
control or influence) is where the problem lies.

Cheers

Jerry