Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2018 06:28:55 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
a couple of Charles Linder snips followed by > my comment... 
Sorry Pete,  some of us disagree.   Not a chance in heck everyone should have a voice.   Simple truth is  most are completely uniformed and ignorant.   Therein is the problem.   Take for simple instance  the fact that bee kills and CCD and in no way correlated to neonics use as an example.  Common sense would make you say what??   

>Well you let a man talk long enough and they indite themselves.  At the least this sounds quite elitist as if some folks (depending I guess on a basic IQ test) should have no voice in this matter.  Seems like the issue impact all and consequently imho everyone should (and does) have a voice. Common sense is a less than thoughtful way of saying common experience and from their common experience in regards to what topic?   

We have a representative government for a reason,  and it works for a reason.  And despite some thinking the EPA is rolling back progress and needs changes,  things and rules go on,  and very serious and educated people with knowledge of both sides are working on improving things.

>And what would those reasons be Charles? Seems to me as far as government and policy we have the tail waging the dog here in the US... that is a vocal and poorly informed minority making decisions for the majority and progressive and prosperous part of the country paying for the tab for the part of the country that cannot pay their bills.

Most folks (who are dumb, deft or blind) I suspect agree with Peter on this issue.

Gene in central Texas....

Gene in Central Texas

>The last thing I want is a dang beekeeper from Vermont or activist from Akron telling me I have to go back to organophosphates and repeated sprays. So those of us here in farm country will keep selling bees and pumping honey....
>
>
>Charles
>
>             ***********************************************
>The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
>LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
>http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2