Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:21:39 -0600
I am in shock.  I just had the priveledge of getting to know Jim this past
week in Memphis.  I'm glad I had the time to get to know him and spend some
time with him.  He had so much to give, was so informed and seemed to be
such a wonderful man.  He participated in our AIA meetings as well as the
Producer's and the Research Conference's.  His understanding and level
thinking was truly impressive.

One thing he stressed several times is that, as a large beekeeper, he had
an obligation to farmers, small beekeepers and society in general to do for
them the best that he could.  He clearly was not just about himself but was
a very kind and caring man.

I wish I knew him better. Just last Saturday night, in the lobby bar in
Memphis, he  invited to his home.  I wish I'd had the chance.  Gladly, I
did take the opportunity to compliment him on his insights, modesty and
compassion.   He was a real asset to the world.

Ed Levi