Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1993 19:33:18 -0500
>If you are doing "desens, therapy" that may work. You also may
>simply displace the phobia which possibly serves (evolving over time)
>functionally as funnel angst mechanism.

One psychiatrist I was seeing regarding the phobias thought I had
a misplaced fear of my father. However, that fear has been reconciled
for a number of years now and the fear of bees and wasps is
diminishing but still quite prevalent.

>Can you touch pictures of wasps without any fear response?
>For friendly (if a tad of a Freudian approach!) videos of
>wasps..try Bio-Sci laser on pollination biology. Lots of
>"cute" bees and wasps doing there thing.

I can look at pictures of wasps, watch them on television, etc. with
little or no anxiety. With a little more anxiety I can watch them
live through a window or window screen. My anxiety increases when
they appear to want to try and come through the glass or screen.

Where can I begin looking for video sources such as the Bio-Sci laser on
pollination biology? Is that orderable or can it be borrowed like through a
library?

Lois ... good luck to you as well!

Thanks ... Dave Stolzenbach