From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:09:38 -0500
I've been trying to get my head around the fact that 93 million acres will
be planted in corn. If my quick figures are correct that would equal the
area in the state of Montana. (Ironed flat and made arable. I think I've
read that the almonds would plant Ma.)  It's been said here that 90% of it
will be seed-treated. That makes me wonder how many tons of treatment for
seed and weeds will flow in that direction. Then one must consider the
rivers of runoff containing these chemicals and their metabolites that must
be present. The BT, generally considered the safest poison present begins to
seem ominous in such a large crowd. To be fair one could consider how many
tons of material were NOT used because we have the systemic. My fictional
Montana would not seem to be a good place to live.

Other eye-opening questions would be:

How much federal support exists, during this time of financial hard times.

What percentage goes to ethanol production? Cattle fodder?

Is cattle fodder affected by the neonics in the corn?

Dick Marron