Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2013 09:39:45 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
I find this whole topic very strange to read...for two reasons.

1.  Unless I'm misremembering, the PF100's were specifically unwaxed...bare plastic.  The other plastic frames you are comparing how well the bees accepted them were waxed...not bare plastic.  Is this not the case?  Even in reporting casual observations, this seems as important a variable as the cell size and the manufacturer of the frames.  Apologies in advance if I'm mistaken in my comments on this topic...but this is my recollection of the facts....please correct me if I'm mistaken.

2.  These two statements...by the same author, and in the same post really confuse me...he seems to be claiming that no one has ever claimed a benefit to the increased brood density in SC frames...or that an advantage in wintering or build up doesn't have a direct affect on the dynamic relationship between bees and mites.  ...it's no different than claiming mite control is a separate factor from virus issues.

>Anyone who cares to know has figured out by now that all the claimed benefits of small cell are a hoax --unless you happen to AHB.

and

>What I wonder is whether the denser cell pattern might have wintering and spring build-up benefits.

deknow

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2