From:
Bob Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:25:35 +1000
Greetings

This is something I don't like to talk about, as I have spent all my
active beekeeping life trying to preserve and build up hives. I've been
asked to dispose of some of a friend's hives.  He isn't able to look after
them any more.  They are in semi-surburbia and I can't retrieve them and
relocate them live.  I don't want to cause problems with the neighbours,
as it is nearly spring here and close to swarming time.

I'm planning to humanely kill the bees and try to keep the frames and
honey, to build up hives in another location.

Can anyone please advise how I can do this humainly and so the combs and
honey aren't contaminated.

This is something I really don't want to do, but see no way out of it.

Thanks very much in advance

Bob