From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2013 06:45:43 -0700
>Commercial beekeeping tends to be done

> by formula and having two strains with vastly differing characteristics,
> especially with semi-skilled labour,  is almost impossible.

What I found was that I and my sons (all of us semi-skilled labor) are
often taxed to keep up with the needs of our colonies at certain times of
the year, and can most efficiently manage by running all hives in all yards
at relatively uniform strength and by treating all relatively equally.

It was simply too much to try to always keep the special needs and
different management of the few yards of "the other stock" in mind, and we
kept kicking ourselves after it was too late.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA