From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:06:07 -0700
With regard to clover, it is routine to see red clover planted as a
harvestable crop along the margins of the Roundup herbicide treated
corn and soybean fields of upper Midwest:

Landscape view:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/MNe.jpg
Closeup view:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/MNf.jpg
More landscape views:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/gilc.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/4af/frogb.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/clover.jpg

I've never seen evidence of clover harmed by alledged "leaching"
of Roundup.  To the contrary, I've seen midwestern farmers rotate red
clover into the same fields that are normally planted in Roundup Ready
corn and soybeans.

Specific example: This field of red clover in northeastern Kansas:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/4af/hiacjpg.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/evena.jpg
is normally planted in Roundup Ready corn or soybeans.
About once every 4 years the farmer rotates red clover into
the field.

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.