From:
Brion Dunbar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:59:29 -0500
>Bring some of the dead foragers by to check for nosema.  I've been checking
>dead bees in front of my hives for the past few weeks.  Most, surprisingly,
>show zero nosema.  Appears to have been a fair amount of CBPV, though.
>I've frozen one sample for testing.
OK will do.  I'd love to send some bees in for testing but the $ are a bit much for this phase of my business- trying to get from 150 colonies to 380 this spring.  It would be great if there was low cost way to screen for top 10(?) viruses.

Randy is it possible there is some poisonous plant in our area, maybe invasive, that hasn't been documented?  Would saving some of the pollen loads do us any good to ascertain?
Or would a poisonous plant have any affect on the forager?  I would think poison pollen would only have affect after being eaten.

Brion