From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 07:40:11 -0800
Waldemar wrote:
 I did not want to taste it
Why not?  A taste of OA won't hurt you at all!

did not have other means to analyze it.
Inexpensive pHydrion papers will test it quickly for Ph.  To test for
oxalate ion, just get a little calcium chloride (for melting ice on
sidewalks), mix a little calcium chl solution with a little dissolved OA,
and you will immediately get a white precipitate of calcium oxalate.  I did
this with my elementary science students to test for oxalic acid in weeds.
Very impressive!  We also tasted the weeds--easy to detect oxalic.

Re. blood pH, I wonder if it would be easy enough to measure the pH
before and after OA treatment...
I'm working on ways to deal with mitigating the pH drop in the bees'
haemolymph.
Looking for some private funding of a research project this coming season.
Anyone out there with some cash?
Randy