Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 21:12:33 EDT
Today I extracted my first batch of honey.  I had 2 shallow supers full of
last falls honey(probably goldenrod)that I have no use for.  I am using
strictly mediums.  So, I decided to use some of this for practice and it went
well.  5 frames yielded about 16 pounds (10+ pints).
Now what to do.  The honey is dark and strong.  Might be ok to bake with but
I wouldn't.  I thought about using these frames to feed in the spring but if
I give it back to the bees,  won't it make the rest of their honey strong.
Is this honey that I need to dispose of.  I wouldn't want anyone to get any
and be turned off on honey.
Thanks
Richard
West Ky USA