From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2018 13:56:38 -0500
The company is called PrimeBEE and it looks like their product will be a live queen that they vaccinate. Here's an overview of what they said at The Nordic-Baltic Apicultural Research Symposium early this year.

>The mechanism behind the antibody-free trans-generational immunity in invertebrates has
been an enigma for decades. Hence, vaccination has not been considered feasible in insects.
We have established that egg-yolk protein is responsible for binding to immune elicitors and
then carrying these to eggs in honeybees. These immune elicitors can then act as specific
signals for the immune system to trigger defense against infection. It could be a long-sought
answer to the question, how are invertebrates priming their offspring. It seems, that
pathogens encountered via food are digested, disarmed and in some way transported via
midgut tissue to the hemocoel [ I'm thinking this is another word for hemolymph],
there they are further incorporated into the developing eggs.
Here we show evidence of both in vivo and in vitro experiments, how TGIP against honeybee
diseases takes place and that honeybee queens orally exposed to pathogens can enhance
the immunity of their offspring by altering the physiology of the larvae. We also propose a
mechanism, how this type of transfer of immune priming could take place on the level of the colony.<

>beehive.ttps://primebee.org/products/

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT.