From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:50:31 -0400
> radiation went to $10.00 a box, with a minimum of a lot of boxes.
> Sunlight sounds cheaper.

Depends on what your problem is... my point was that sunlight won't kill
pathogens, but will break down SOME pesticides.

> I hope someone will test this, before anyone goes to all this trouble.

I wouldn't bother, as the pesticides that could be broken down by sunlight
would likely be broken down by sunlight before the bees had a chance to
carry back any residue-laden pollen from the plants sprayed with the
theoretical pesticide at issue.

I think a simple comb-replacement schedule for brood comb would make
more sense for most operations.  Ever since Dr. David Banner's problems
with gamma rays (google his name and the type of radiation for the details)
I've never viewed it as a practical large-scale solution.