Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 20:38:12 GMT+0200
Hi All

I have recently noticed that my older hives with a higher percentage
of darker combs are more aggressive than younger and stronger hives
on less brown comb. These bees are all of roughly the same queen
lineage as I have been replacing them.

I have noticed a similar thing with wild colonies, where hives with a
majortiy of combs that are still capable of passing light bing much
gentler than others with really dark and grotty combs.

Has anybody else noticed the same effects?

Keep well

Garth

Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
Eastern Cape Prov.
South Africa

Time = Honey

After careful consideration, I have decided that if I am ever a V.I.P
the I. may not stand for important.
(rather influential, ignorant, idiotic, intelectual, illadvised etc)