From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 07:58:25 +0000
j h & e mcadam wrote:

> Supplying bees with pure water through use of feeder jars seems an excellent
> idea - no contaminants and no wasted time for foraging bees.
>
> Betty McAdam
> >
> HOG BAY APIARY
> Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
> j.h. & e. mcadam<[log in to unmask]
> http://kigateway.eastend.com.au/hogbay/hogbay1.htm

I know this subject was talked about in length last year and for those interested, would
be worth looking at the archives at: http://sunsite.unc.edu/bees/home.html. My
experience of suppling clean, fresh water to the bees via jars directly at the hive, has
not been favorable. One would think the bees couldn't refuse to have water on tap but
my bees would just as well forget the clean, good stuff, and head to the drainage
ditch, stale pools of rain water or wet areas over the septic field. It seems that bees
don't think logically like us and I'm forever trying to learn to think like them. Certainly
give the water a try though. It can't hurt.

Regards

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey