From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:44:14 +0100
>  That amount of "honey" does not
leave room for brood or open cells,

This is one of the reasons why I feed fondant (on the excluder) rather than syrup.  The bees take it when they need it, leaving the brood area clear for the queen to lay.  If you look at the brood area after feeding syrup you will often find the queen wandering around looking for an empty cell.

I also feed fondant because it is so quick and easy for me.

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W