From:
Scot Mc Pherson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:05:19 -0500
>>I spoke of this a few years ago, that all spokespersons for natural
cancer cures have had cancer and survived, so it obviously works...

>This is obviosly not statistically significant.  A few cases of
>survivors can be had with just a placebo.

It is also not truly significant either because the survivors of ANY
treatment (including plecebo) are able to stand up and say, "My
treatment worked". However, what WOULD be significant is if
significantly more people survived because of one treatment over
another. Then you have something to speak about. Which is why I can
advocate small cell the way I do. More and more people are going small
cell, or foundationless, and chem free, learning to follow the bees'
lead, breeding themselves, and lo and behold although there are failures
which Dee and Joe and I have explained why many times that converting
has a failure rate due to having bees that are entirely dependent on
modern beekeeping management treadmills, there are more and more people
successfully keeping larger numbers of beehives productively and 100%
chemical free.

The list of things that I put into a bee hive is:

Bees
Feed   (if a new package installation, and new package installation
only)

That's right, the hive is EMPTY, no foundation....

I make hives out of pine or oak (converting to oak as I can afford to),
exterior wood glue and stainless steel screws. I do paint the hives with
barn and fence paint.

Been keeping bees this way in Top Bar Hives since 1999, before then I
kept them in langs (1985-1995, and was in USNavy inbetween), but wasn't
then a "knowledgeable" beekeeper and didn't put chems in my hives,
because I didn't know any better...And hey I am glad I didn't know any
better. I wasn't loosing bees then, and I am not loosing bees now,
except as a normal part of operating letting weak ones go and working
with the strong.

--
Scot McPherson
The McPherson Family Honey Farms