Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 12:26:36 GMT
>>Lately I tire of trying to bring industry news first on BEE-L.

I hope you never tire to the point of stopping.  Your contributions brings a welcome balance to this forum.  At the moment, science is failing to provide an explanation of the root causes and remedies/guidelines for what is afflicting the colonies.  'Multi-factorial' & 'migratory practices' does not quite resolve the issue.  Science still has a long way to go to explain how to maintain healthy colonies.

In the meantime, I feel for the commercial beekeepers trying to make a living with thousands of colonies that periodically dwindle.  Can't blame them for experimentation and trying to come up with solutions.  I can't condone off-label applications but I understand their desperation.

Waldemar