From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2016 17:53:41 -0500
The combs in question were analyzed for pesticides - none detectable, which is not uncommon for bee equipment from some rural parts of Montana.  We are not pesticide free, but the types and amounts tend to be low compared to most other parts of the country where more intensive crop management, longer season applications are more common.

Back in the days of the more persistent chlorinated pesticides, traces of DDT, DDD, DDE occurred everywhere.  We seldom see them anymore.  Most of the newer pesticides seem to be more localized and if/when they appear, it's usually for shorter perioods - more seasonal.

In past couple of years, we're seeing traces of some of the newer pesticides that are now being sold in greater amounts through US box stores.