From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2014 16:08:08 -0600
You took a whirlwind tour and missed the forest for the trees Jerry.  Barns
collapsing,  yup...  social economic...  not corn related.

Mandated low of corn was back when the government LIMITED corn acres.  The
last few years have seen a percentage change each season.  With elevated
prices at 7.00 + making a dent,  but now that we are back to 4.00  you will
see a drop again.  I have and do live here and travel here in IA, Il and
western IN on a daily basis...  not a road trip... all my life here.  Not
much has changed.  If anything biggest issues is the number of city slickers
moving out in what used to be fields.

You can twist numbers around.  But a 1-2% per year increase in corn is
hardly a major change. And rest assured  it will drop by probably around 5%
this year.
No till tends to be regional and seasonal.  But its better than tillage.
Those early season weeds can be a blessing.  You may see some dandlions,
but in most areas that very rare.   A burndown spray is the norm  usually 2
weeks or more before planting.
85% of the ground around me is farmed,  corn, beans, and wheat..... planter
dust is a non starter for beekeeper who is paying attention.

As beekeepers we have much to work on.  Bashing the hands that feed us for
their planting techniques, or acreages is not one of the items on my list.

Hopefully this problem in Canada will be put to bed with this additive.  We
are well on our way to making ourselves persona non grata...