Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2014 13:18:12 -0800
I am disapointed.  That is not what Genes works shows.   I asked him about this a cpl months ago.   Someone is either misreading or misleading.
Genes work shows that they can see the differences in the bees Genome.   Nothing more.   No claim one way or the other on which is better Or that HFCS is bad.  Professor Robinson is a brilliant man,  his goal was to see if they could tell from the genome when there were changes to the diet.  He succeeded in that.  they in no way are ready to say or make claims that one is better than the other or worse.

On a lighter note.  just for fun I did an experiment this fall.  we put 20 packages of bees on bare foundation and feed them nothing but HFCS  In 5 weeks they drew out and FILLED 400 frames.   Originally I thought they would just be banking food...  looks like they may make it thru winter here.  It will be interesting to see.  They have no honey and no pollen. although I did feed 5 of them pollen patties.  (no visable difference yet)

Charles