From:
Paula Franke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:51:16 -0400
Allen wrote:
> Not to say there isn't, but both my son and daughter have/had CFS and
> neither of them has had any lack of bee stings.  (My son has pretty well
> recovered now, and my daughter is getting better).
>
> FWIW, some people were wondering if bees caused it!  Actually it seems to
> be an after effect of a virus flu type infection and beestings did not
> seem to help -- in our experience, at least.

Many years ago I went to the doctor when I was feeling constantly exhausted
without reason. He told me that CF was a catch-all term for feeling tired
and that it was not an identifiable medical condition in itself. Blood
tests at the time revealed that my problem was something called
Epstein-Barr Syndrome, which is mononucleosis (that "kissing disease") that
never quite goes away. I contracted mono back in the late 60's and,
according to the doctor, the virus hides somewhere waiting for a chance to
come out and wreak havoc whenever my defenses are low (not eating regular,
not getting enough sleep, etc.) A vicious circle can result because when in
the throes of Epstein-Barr, one doesn't have the energy to eat properly,
exercise or engage in any of the activities of a healthy lifestyle.

In my own situation, I agree with Allen. Beestings are probably not going
to help. My suggestion would be find out what is causing the CF. If you're
like me, all you'll need to do is adopt a sensibly healthy lifestyle so the
pesky virus doesn't have an opportunity to come out and cause mischief.

BTW, anyone could have had mono and thought it was just a really bad case
of the flu. I was sick for five days. The only reason I know it was mono
and not the flu is because everyone I was working with at the time came
down with it and the company brought in a doctor to diagnose and treat all
of us.

Paula Franke in Tollesboro, KY
http://www.users.kih.net/~pfranke
"There are only two rules in life: