From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:08:24 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/00 11:53:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Spraying here in Ky. for mosquitos is rare.  Last week they did it. I know
>  not why.  I live on a dead end lane and the spraying person turned around
at
>  my hives.  I stopped him on the way out.  He gave me the epa paper work and
>  he was spraying anvin.  No mention of bees or any other insect on these
>  papers.  As far as I can tell,  There have been now ill effects on my bees.
>  Just lucky I guess.

Richard,

   Were the bees inside, or were they out flying at the time of application?
Was there any bloom that bees were visiting that was in the spray area?
Normally bees inside the hive are not affected, but at the flower. There can
be aftereffects in the hive, if poisoned pollen is brought back.  I've not
had firsthand experience with Sumithrin, and am very interested in your
response.

Dave Green
The Pollination Home Page:  http://pollinator.com