From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 20:26:14 -0500
First, I will tell you what I do. I don't use Google Search for serious searching. I use

http://scholar.google.com/advanced_scholar_search

This really separates out most of the chaff, and gets me quickly to the heart of the matter. For example, I quickly found:

"Observation by microsatellite DNA analysis of sperm usage in naturally mated honeybee queens (Apis mellifera ligustica) over a period of two years", Cristina Previtali, et al. Ital. J. Anim. Sci. vol. 7, 465-478, 2008

> The effective number of matings based on the frequencies of the patrilines and corrected for the sample size, was computed and was 8.10, slightly lower than the number found by other authors. No significant differences were noted in the observed frequencies of the patrilines in the two reproductive seasons. Moreover, there was a similar distribution of the patrilines in the first month (June 2002) with respect to the last month (June 2003). These results indicated that there was a temporal conservation of the genetic structure of the colonies.

PLB