From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2008 16:21:00 -0500
>I was brought up to believe that honey bees could clean up just about any mess.

>Ditto here!  But we were raised before varroa, Pete.

Yeah, I know, I'm almost 60. But my thinking is, we have got to have bees
that can do the routine cleanup without getting sick.

Hygienic bees, in other words. Otherwise, we're just like the rest of the Ag
world, stuck with livestock that have to be propped up, that couldn't stand
a week in the woods.

pb