From:
Lewis Cauble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 10:41:26 -0500
" In my defense, I would point out that it is written in an obtuse, verbose
style which practically prevents its being understood by the layperson, or a the
average beekeepers who figure so prominently in its thesis"

I agree whole heartedly with Peter.  I have been reading your abstract and your
web page and all I can hear in my head is my German colleage saying "This is too
much blah blah blah".  I am only able to read your abstract but it seems to me
that your paper is also a policy piece.  You seem to be suggesting that we
should move away from "sound science" and the prevalent experimental approach.
 What should we replace this with...Beekeeper opinions and online petitions
signed by the masses?  What is your alternate approach to solving this problem?

Your paper strikes me as pompous b.s.  Pompous b.s. may be how community and
environmental sociologist roll, but in my opinion you are unlikely to gain much
traction among the 'sound science' and prevalent experimental approach crowd.

Dumb it down for me.

Lewis