From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2012 15:04:21 -0400
> CATCH THE BUZZ

> Corn Planting Drift is Killing Honey Bees. You Can Help. Here’s How.

> The number of beekills this spring due to poisoning by pesticides has skyrocketed. In Ohio just this spring we have seen more beekills than I can remember total in the past 25 years combined. Reports from many, many states have been coming into this office in the past couple of weeks. At first they seemed isolated and unsupported. Beekeepers are wary of reporting incidents, and seldom sure of how to proceed or what to do.

I am sorry but this is an utter cop out. Beekeepers have no excuse for not knowing what to do, and they have no reason to be wary of reporting. In fact, as we have said repeatedly: the ONLY WAY this issue is ever going to get resolved is if there are proven documented cases. Without that, it's all innuendo.  Statements like: "we have seen more beekills than I can remember" don't hold any water, IMHO. Memory is flawed, get facts.

PLB