From:
Carlos Aparicio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 10:24:45 +0300
At 02:44 PM 26/12/1997 -0600, M. C. Michel wrote:
>I usually stay out of the exchange of anecdotal name calling.  With
>regard to this one, I do have a relevant authority to quote.  Last night
>I was discussing the use of Tartaric acid for bees with my Father who
>has a Doctors degree in Pharmacy.  It seems that the aforementioned acid
>is well known for it's laxative properties.  Taken to excess it can be
>described as DYSENTERY.

Dear Michel:

        I used several times tartaric acid in formulations of mead, without
laxative results.
        The tartaric acid combined with sodium bicarbonate, on the other
hand, it is a known remedy that taken in given dose can be a powerful laxative.

        Carlos Aparicio

*********************************
*                               *
*  Carlos Aparicio              *