Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 21:59:54 -0400
>> PLEASE LET ME CNOW About serious and documented injury caused to people
>
>An agricultural accident in Iceland [where] undiluted formic acid [was] splashed over the lower extremities of a 15-year-old girl. Her clothes were removed immediately and irrigation with water started.

This is a peculiar story and does not fit with my experience.  In my experience, momentary contact with the acid on exposed skin does not result in any noticable effects as long as it is washed off immediately.  Immediately in my usage means within the minute. We had a splash of 65% in an eye which resulted in no enduring harm, but it was immediately irrigated with clean water for a few minutes. The splash was from a pad which had a brick dropped on it.

I wonder what they mean by "immediate".

Sensitive and younger skin may be more susceptible?  I hardly expect that it would be more sensitive than the eye, though.

Maybe the delay was longer than reported to investigators.  That would be understandable, given the circumstances.