From:
James McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2018 06:35:12 -0500
 We had an odd looking bee on a big Russian sage bush a few weeks ago. I
looked at a lot of pictures trying to find out about this odd looking bee.
A fellow beek found the info I was hoping to find.
It was resin bees, probably about 75 on that one bush. Is this something
being brought into the country as an invasive insect?
I live in Limestone County, Alabama.
The pic is a little fuzzy because we had a strong wind at the time.

https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/52785-Megachile-sculpturali
<https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/52785-Megachile-sculpturalis>

--
Got a buzz, give me a buzz!!