From:
Kim Flottum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2012 22:32:41 -0400
I concur with Randy...achieved by few...and even those few seldom keep bees from behind a desk. I've spent time catching queens and splitting hives with Richard Adee...he's a beekeeper first, last and always, as are his sons Brett and Kelvin. And the others that I know who have achieved some level of financial security are exactly the same. I spent a morning picking up a beeyard with Jim Smith years and years ago...then the biggest beekeeper in the country. He and I closed up hives at 10 in the morning, had a beer while things settled down, and loaded them up and moved them out, leaving no bee behind. These guys are always..beekeepers first. There's a lesson to be learned from these fine folks.

Kim Flottum
Editor, Bee Culture Magazine
623 W Liberty St
Medina, OH 44256
800.289.7668  ext 3214
www.BeeCulture.com
Sign Up For Free Catch The Buzz News Right HERE