From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 13:29:50 -0500
On 21 Jul 97 at 17:08, Rory Stenerson wrote:

> I was thinking about trying Jan Templeman's Drone Comb Method and
> reporting the results back to my club.  However, I cannot find a
> supplier who sells drone comb foundation anymore.  I tried Dadant,
> Kelley, A.I.Root, and Mann Lake and struck out.  Anybody have any
> suggestions for finding drone foundation in the U.S?

This question has arisen before, and without blowing our trumpet too
loudly, you didn't ask us!!
         We can supply Drone foundation in a number of sizes to fit standard
and nonstandard hives in North America. These are narmally packed in
10s, but if you don't worry too much about cost and shipping we will
supply just one sheet.
        There was also a post regarding self made drone comb. Yes, I agree
the bees will make drone comb in a bare frame, but only if they want
to. More often than not they will make worker, then the whole
exercise is lost. Using drone foundation guarantees a full frame of
drone cells. Placing this frame in the middle of the brood nest will
produce drones all summer long.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Dr, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1
Phone/fax  705-326-7171